Child safety is our top priority.
Honey Tots Day Nursery is committed to safeguarding the children in our care. We work with children, parents, carers and external agencies to ensure the welfare and safety of children. Children have the right to be treated with respect, to be helped, to thrive and to be safe from all forms of abuse.
We have a comprehensive safeguarding policy and all staff have regular safeguarding/child protection training both in house and through external agencies. Our staff are confident in how they would respond to a concern. We have a robust recruitment procedure that requires all new staff regardless of their position within the company to complete an application form, attend an interview and a trial and then they are required to have an enhanced DBS and at least 2 good quality references. Before any new staff are left unsupervised with the children, they also go through a rigorous induction process.
Some examples of how we safeguard children in our care:
- Data entry system and CCTV on all entrances, in the hallways and in the main nursery.
- Staff training regularly updated.
- Risk assessments carried out.
- Regular checks on all equipment and areas.
- Use of mobile phones prohibited inside the nursery by staff, parents and visitors.
- Password system in place for times when someone different is collecting your child.